Here’s what I’m focused on at the moment:
As usual, the end of summer means a lot of planning, several meetings, and some juggling as I try to set my fall schedule. This term I’m:
- teaching part-time at Georgia State/Perimeter,
- transitioning away from courses and into the position of Artist Affiliate of Trumpet at Agnes Scott,
- increasing the number of private students I’m teaching in the home studio,
- starting as trumpet instructor at Atlanta International School,
- working toward fall and winter performances with Gate City Brass,
- expanding the catalog at Jamescliff Music Publishing.
Spending time with my family and managing the older kids’ busy soccer schedule is in the mix, too! These times are always a little stressful until the schedule gets solidified, but thankfully only lasts a few weeks.
I’m working on details for an upcoming concert with Gate City Brass in collaboration with the Pro-Mozart Society – hoping to announce details this week. Still booking shows for the rest of fall and December as well.
Currently reading (re-reading): Side by Side by Wiff Rudd.
Currently writing: Working on some submissions from new arrangers at Jamescliff. Personally working on some Scottish piano works and adapting them for brass quintet. Hoping to have all of these published in the next month or so.
Currently practicing: End-of-summer rebuilding – a lot of maintenance and technique, and I’m always looking for interesting and challenging etudes. I’m also putting a couple of recital programs together for the spring and am trying to include rep that doesn’t get played all the time.