Whether you are just beginning or have been playing the trumpet for years, we will work together to improve your sound, increase your technique and develop your musicianship. Students in my studio have ranged in age from elementary school to retirement – from complete novices to college performance majors and professional-level players. I work with each student to establish and reach their musical goals in a professional, fun, and inspiring manner.
Contact me today for openings and registration information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are lessons taught?
Lessons take place at my home in the North Druid Hills area of Atlanta.
What are the rates for lessons?
Tuition rates for private lessons are:
- $40 per 30-minute lesson (approx. $600 per Fall/Spring semester)
- $60 per 45-minute lesson (approx. $900 per Fall/Spring semester)
- $80 per 60-minute lesson (approx. $1,2000 per Fall/Spring semester)
Invoices are sent for each calendar month of lessons and are due by the end of the month. Payment is accepted via Venmo or Zelle. Invoices reflect scheduled weeks off and makeups from prior months.
Due to a full teaching schedule, students are expected to register for weekly lessons and commit to full semesters. Fall and Spring semesters include approximately 15 weeks of lessons as well as dates scheduled for make-up lessons (see Attendance Policy below). Summer semesters are more flexible, and students may register for the number of lessons that fit their summer schedules. A minimum of 4 lessons is recommended for summer terms, ensuring the student a spot in the Fall schedule.
How does the schedule work?
In addition to private instruction, I have several other regularly scheduled teaching, rehearsal, and performance commitments. The schedule for these other duties tends to change each semester. As my fixed schedule is solidified each term, I determine my availability for private lessons, so the days available for lessons may change from semester to semester.
Live (in-person) lessons are available during the following times this term:
- Mondays: 1:15 pm until 5:15 pm
- Tuesdays: TBA
- Wednesdays: 1:15 pm until 5:45 pm
- Thursdays: 12:00 pm until 8:00 pm
Fridays and Saturdays are reserved for occasional make-up lessons – no regular lessons will be scheduled on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
Are online lessons available?
Yes! Lessons are offered via Skype or FaceTime at the same rate as live lessons. Online lessons are a great option if you live too far away to attend live lessons. The schedule for these lessons is more flexible as well! If you do live close enough to attend in person, however, I highly recommend that you take that option. Online lessons are convenient but can never replace the quality of a live lesson due to the sound and visual constraints of the technology involved.
Payment of tuition and fees assumes acceptance of all policies
Registration & Tuition
- Registration is on a “first come, first served” basis, and remains open as long as space is available in the schedule. To help ensure placement and a desired lesson time, it is highly recommended that students register at least three weeks prior to the beginning of each term. Lesson times will be scheduled at or before the beginning of each term by Dr. Bennett.
- Terms: An explanation detailing the length of each individual term will be given to the student at registration. As a default lessons are billed monthly, but students are required to commit to lessons for the length of the term.
- Summer term runs from the beginning of June through the beginning of August (4-10 lessons).
- Fall term runs from the beginning of August through the end of December (15 lessons).
- Spring term runs from the beginning of January through the end of May (15 lessons).
- Lesson registration and scheduling take place by email. Fill out the Contact Form to inquire about registration and/or scheduling.
- Prospective new students are entitled to one (1) free 30-minute trial lesson, allowing the teacher, parent, and student to best decide if all parties are compatible for lessons.
- All students are required to pay tuition by the end of the calendar month. Lessons will not be given until the account is paid if a payment on a previous month is overdue.
- Payment is accepted via the following:
- Venmo (@wcbennett3)
- Zelle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students are expected to continue lessons for the full term. A student wishing to discontinue private study for any reason must give 30 days written notice – no exceptions. Verbal notices or requests will not be accepted. The student will be refunded only tuition paid outside of the notice period.
- Payment-in-full Discount: Students who pay the semester tuition in full (15 lessons) by the second lesson of the term (Fall and Spring only) receive a discount equivalent to one lesson’s tuition for the current semester.
- Referral Discount: Students earn tuition discounts for referrals, which are applied to the following term’s registration. Referred students must complete at least 3 lessons (in addition to the stipulations listed below) for Referral Discounts to be awarded. No cash will be paid.
- A $45 tuition credit will be awarded for each referral that results in a new student enrolling for a full term (or the remainder of the full term).
- Referral credits are applied to the following term’s tuition.
- Students may only receive this discount if registering for the following full semester. No cash will be paid.
- For the protection of all students and the instructor, students who are sick are strongly urged to refrain from coming to lessons. Make-ups will be scheduled (for a reasonable number of absences).
- If the student is unable to attend the scheduled lesson for any reason other than illness or emergency, Dr. Bennett must be notified by phone, text, or email 24 hours in advance to qualify for a make-up lesson. This includes absences due to school-related activities. Any student not giving 24 hours’ notice in advance of missing a lesson is subject to paying full price for the lesson time and no make-up lesson will be scheduled.
- Canceled lessons will be made up at a mutually convenient time for the student and instructor.
- Parents must arrange to have students picked up promptly at the end of the lesson. Once a student enters the building, he/she must remain inside until his/her transportation arrives.
- Emergency/School Closings: In the event of inclement weather, my teaching studio often remains open. The studio will close if conditions become dangerous. In general, I follow the DeKalb County Schools’ closings. Lessons canceled due to weather conditions will be rescheduled except for extreme (ongoing) circumstances. Announcements of closing will be made on this website, by email, and on social media. A decision regarding morning lessons will be made by 7:00 a.m. followed by an update for afternoon lessons by noon.
- All student information is confidential and not shared with individuals, organizations, or businesses. Hardcopies are shredded when no longer needed for studio purposes.